db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Release planning
Date Sun, 08 Oct 2006 09:20:49 GMT
On Thu, 5 Oct 2006, Greg Monroe wrote:

> I was browsing the issues in Jira and noticed that quite a few major one
> are actually Village related.  Seems like a "psuedo-component" for Village
> might make identifying these much easier.  (so they can be block resolved
> with 4.0...lol).

This is a good idea. I'll do that.

> I've been meaning to get back to Torque-50 (Add-on support) and look at
> what Thomas suggested (and may have already implimented).  Of course, I'll
> sign up for any work needed for Torque-54 - 8)

TORQUE-50 is committed except for the docs explaining how to submit
add-ons back to Torque. Can you check whether this works as you
intended ?
I'll try to get TORQUE-54 in and then use this experience to modify the
text about how to submit add-ons.

> If there's time, I might take a wack at Torque-27 (DB specific options)
> by adding support for a <OPTION key=.. value=> XML element that was
> talked about in an dev e-mail thread a while back.  This would require
> a change to the DTD to add it, any problems with that?

In my opinion no problem if the DTD remains backwards-compatible.

> Let me know if I can help on any other issues, docs, etc.

When we are ready to put out the RC, it would be nice if a few people
would glance through the docs to see whether the information provided is
still up-to-date.

     Thomas