db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: Torque XML Schema Definition?
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 08:39:45 GMT

(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/ddlutils/trunk/src/schema/database.xsd),

> >  which is intended for using ddlutils together with a torque schema. It
was
> > an idea that Torque might use ddlutils at some point in the future, so
if
> > there is an xsd, I'd rather have it extend ddlutil's xsd.
> >
> > b) I am concerned about possible differences between xsd and dtd. My
> > personal feeling is that we should either have an xsd or a dtd.
> >
> >         Thomas
> +1 for the XSD. You can create a DTD from this anytime (using XMLSpy for
> example). I like the JAXB-idea of generating Classes out of the XSD. It
> would fit quite nicely into the Torque "generator", wouldn't it? :-)

Hm, not sure about this. This would certainly be an improvement to the
situation we have now, but then I have also thought of turning the
generator into a kind of universal code generation tool, and I'm not sure
whether this fits in then. But let's discuss this another time.

> I will have a look into the ddlutils-schema and compare it to the stuff
> Trevor submitted. But first I'm going on vacation...

I am also not sure whether we should change to xsd in an 3.2.1 release to
come or whether we should wait to the next release where I would like to
see a bunch of other major changes (like getting rid of village)

Happy Holiday !

     Thomas