db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Thoralf Rickert" <thoralf.rick...@cadooz.de>
Subject AW: fatal error report
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 07:03:13 GMT
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

I know this bug. This happens if you reload your webapplication very
often without restarting tomcat. I think there is somewhere a memory
hole in your code.

> 2006-08-30 07:44:05.505 [ERROR] BaseServicePeer A FATAL ERROR has
> occurred which should not have happened under any circumstance.
Please notify the
> Torque developers <torque-dev@db.apache.org> and give as many details
as possible
> (including the error stack trace).

This happens, if you have Torque-Objects in your session. If Tomcat
reloads the application it serializes the sessions. After a restart
there could be a race condition between initializing Torque and using
the Torque objects in the instance. The Torque objects thinks the Torque
system is initialized, but it isn't. The connection to the database or
the connection pool is not available. Because you cannot initialize
Torque before deserialize the session data you have to change your
torque objects.

But this is just an idea of what is wrong.

T.