db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r419657 - /db/torque/runtime/trunk/src/java/org/apache/torque/adapter/
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2006 15:38:18 GMT
Hmm, MSSQL doesn't support native limits (unless you count some "TOP" tricks.)
I never noticed the DB Adapter was set to true.  That's probably the reason that
LargeSelect fails in the test project.  (FWIW, This has been in bugs to fix list for
a while, with a low priority... Thanks TV).

I'll check check it out, but it won't be for at least a week from Tuesday.  I'm going
to be a beach bum with only dial up access all next week.  Then gotta play catchup
with the real world when I get back... One of these days I'll find a good paying
job who's Job Title is Beach Bum...

________________________________

From: Thomas Vandahl [mailto:tv@apache.org]
Sent: Sat 7/8/2006 4:49 AM
To: Apache Torque Developers List
Subject: Re: svn commit: r419657 - /db/torque/runtime/trunk/src/java/org/apache/torque/adapter/

Thomas Fischer wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> are you sure about the change to DBMSSQL ? It extends DbSybase (which is
> bad in my opinion), and you removed the redefinition of
> supportsNativeLimit from true to false, which changes the behaviour of
> DBMSSQL

That's right. Concerning the extension of DBSybase: "It was like this
when I got here" :-)

The other change: I remember Greg having difficulties with LargeSelect
and MS-SQL. Citing the JavaDoc of Query.setRowCount():

     /**
      * Set the rowcount number.  This is used to limit the number of
      * rows returned by Sybase and MS SQL/Server.
      *
      * @param rowcount A String.
      */

I thought it might be a good idea to make this feature available. It was
one of the places where getLimitStyle() and supportsNativeLimit() were
sending inconsistent messages. This should be fixed now.

Greg, would you mind checking this out, just to be sure?

Bye, Thomas.