db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl <thomas.vand...@tewisoft.de>
Subject Re: Torque XML Schema Definition?
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 06:31:46 GMT
Thomas Fischer wrote:
> a) Tom Dudziak of ddlutils (http://db.apache.org/ddlutils/) has created a
> kind of "base xsd" in ddlutil's svn
> (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/ddlutils/trunk/src/schema/database.xsd),
>  which is intended for using ddlutils together with a torque schema. It was
> an idea that Torque might use ddlutils at some point in the future, so if
> there is an xsd, I'd rather have it extend ddlutil's xsd.
>
> b) I am concerned about possible differences between xsd and dtd. My
> personal feeling is that we should either have an xsd or a dtd.
>
>         Thomas
+1 for the XSD. You can create a DTD from this anytime (using XMLSpy for
example). I like the JAXB-idea of generating Classes out of the XSD. It
would fit quite nicely into the Torque "generator", wouldn't it? :-)

I will have a look into the ddlutils-schema and compare it to the stuff
Trevor submitted. But first I'm going on vacation...

Bye, Thomas.