db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Datatype mapping in Torque 3.2
Date Sun, 16 Jul 2006 09:53:36 GMT
Thomas Fischer wrote:
> - extend the platform class you want to change, and end the classname
> with Impl. Put the resulting class in the same
> (org.apache.torque.engine.platform.Platform) package.
>
> - set the torque.database property in the project.properties (NOT in the
> Torque.properties in the runtime, this should stay as it is) to the
> Classname without the "Impl" in the end (you may start lowercase)

One comment about this. As you know, I try to collect the database
specific features in the database adapters. The platform implementation,
however, is part of the generator and contains database specific stuff,
too. Does that make sense? Wouldn't it be better to combine them both in
one database specific class?

Bye, Thomas.