db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r419657 - /db/torque/runtime/trunk/src/java/org/apache/torque/adapter/
Date Sun, 16 Jul 2006 09:44:23 GMT
Thomas Fischer wrote:
>> - criteria.setLimit(0) is supposed to return 0 records (What sense
>> does that make, anyway?)
>
> I think it is consistent behaviour; if soneone has a formula which might
> return zero then this works also. Not much sense otherwise.
>
>> "SET ROWCOUNT 0" means to return all records.
>
> Hm, this would mean we have the same problem in sybase... Not that I
> could check that...

Ok, I got that working. In the DB adapter, generateLimits() adds a
"always false" where-condition to  the query, which then returns no
records. Not that I'm particularly proud of that solution ...

>> - criteria.setSingleRecord() and criteria.setLimit(1) have different
>> meaning, especially if offset is > 0. In our case of MS-SQL, we have
>> limit support but no offset support. The check on single record,
>> however, takes place before the offset is considered by Village. This
>> needs to be fixed.
>
> aaaaargh... Village the villain again...... We _NEED_ to get rid of it.

Fixed that, too. I just needed to move the single record check a couple
of lines down.

> Thomas, can we resolve this for now by declaring that mysql does not
> support native limit ?

No, not really. The issue TORQUE-20 still is a problem, no matter what
setting is applied. I'm almost there...

> I did not see any initiallisation of log4j in the sources of the test
> project. I guess one would have to tell log4j to initialize itself using
> that properties file.

I found that adding a "commons-logging.properties" file which points to
log4j seems to do the trick.

Bye, Thomas.