db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl <thomas.vand...@tewisoft.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r419657 - /db/torque/runtime/trunk/src/java/org/apache/torque/adapter/
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 08:32:25 GMT
Thomas Fischer wrote:
> I did not mean to criticize you there. It was just a general remark.

No, you are perfectly right. Sybase and SQLServer do have very similar
features. Compatibility is a distinct aim of the development. The
extension is clumsy, nevertheless.

I got my hands on a copy of MS-SQL Server 2005 Express to test how
things are going. And guess what: All kinds of problems. Mainly the
following:
- criteria.setLimit(0) is supposed to return 0 records (What sense does
that make, anyway?) "SET ROWCOUNT 0" means to return all records.
- criteria.setSingleRecord() and criteria.setLimit(1) have different
meaning, especially if offset is > 0. In our case of MS-SQL, we have
limit support but no offset support. The check on single record,
however, takes place before the offset is considered by Village. This
needs to be fixed.
- Strange LargeSelect behaviour.

As we are at it: Somehow I cannot get the test project to write a log
file. The log4j.properties file seems to have no effect. Any hints?

Bye, Thomas.