db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r419657 - /db/torque/runtime/trunk/src/java/org/apache/torque/adapter/
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2006 08:49:56 GMT
Thomas Fischer wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> are you sure about the change to DBMSSQL ? It extends DbSybase (which is
> bad in my opinion), and you removed the redefinition of
> supportsNativeLimit from true to false, which changes the behaviour of
> DBMSSQL

That's right. Concerning the extension of DBSybase: "It was like this
when I got here" :-)

The other change: I remember Greg having difficulties with LargeSelect
and MS-SQL. Citing the JavaDoc of Query.setRowCount():

     /**
      * Set the rowcount number.  This is used to limit the number of
      * rows returned by Sybase and MS SQL/Server.
      *
      * @param rowcount A String.
      */

I thought it might be a good idea to make this feature available. It was
one of the places where getLimitStyle() and supportsNativeLimit() were
sending inconsistent messages. This should be fixed now.

Greg, would you mind checking this out, just to be sure?

Bye, Thomas.