db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Datatype mapping in Torque 3.2
Date Sun, 16 Jul 2006 10:57:59 GMT

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006, Thomas Vandahl wrote:

> Thomas Fischer wrote:
>> - extend the platform class you want to change, and end the classname with
>> Impl. Put the resulting class in the same
>> (org.apache.torque.engine.platform.Platform) package.
>>
>> - set the torque.database property in the project.properties (NOT in the
>> Torque.properties in the runtime, this should stay as it is) to the
>> Classname without the "Impl" in the end (you may start lowercase)
>
> One comment about this. As you know, I try to collect the database specific
> features in the database adapters. The platform implementation, however, is
> part of the generator and contains database specific stuff, too. Does that
> make sense? Wouldn't it be better to combine them both in one database
> specific class?

Not so sure about this.
- The information about the database needed in the generator and in the
runtime are different, so the only benefit would be to have one class
instead of two
- the build process would be complicated, as the class would have to be
delievered in the runtime and the generator

    Thomas