db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Datatype mapping in Torque 3.2
Date Sat, 15 Jul 2006 06:55:44 GMT
Hi,

this should be a way that works

- extend the platform class you want to change, and end the classname with
Impl. Put the resulting class in the same
(org.apache.torque.engine.platform.Platform) package.

- set the torque.database property in the project.properties (NOT in the
Torque.properties in the runtime, this should stay as it is) to the
Classname without the "Impl" in the end (you may start lowercase)

For example: classname is
org.apache.torque.engine.platform.Platform.MyOracleImpl
torque.database = myOracle

Please tell us whether that works.

     Thomas

for reference: Code of the PlatformFactory class:

     private static String getClassnameFor(String platform)
     {
         String pf = "Default";
         if (platform != null)
         {
             pf = platform;
         }
         return "org.apache.torque.engine.platform.Platform" +
pf.substring(0, 1).toUpperCase() + pf.substring(1) + "Impl";
     }