db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: Performance issues when using postgresql-8.1-404.jdbc3.jar
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 14:45:26 GMT

joe.carter@gmail.com schrieb am 14.06.2006 16:17:44:

> I'd read some intention about moving away from Village and the problems
with
> doing that.
> What I might be able to provide is something that starts the process by
> handling simple
> selects which could revert to village for more complex queries.
> No promises though :-)
> I should be able to suggest/rule out some approaches at the very least
> though.

I have already checked the approach to do that some time ago, and doing
simple selects without village is not a problem indeed. The real problem is
that without village, the behaviour of Torque is likely to change in some
subtle way, and some users will have a hard time to make sure that their
application still work. So one would like to make  the transition in one
step, so people have to resolve the issues with that change only one, not
with every release.

    Thomas