db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Tassos Bassoukos" <abass...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance issues when using postgresql-8.1-404.jdbc3.jar
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 12:43:40 GMT
On 6/14/06, Joe Carter <joe.carter@excite.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the info.
> I've tried it and it makes no obvious difference to the speed.
>
> FWIW my timings for selects (for my particular test)
> Standard Torque: ~10 seconds
> Raw SQL: ~4 seconds
> SQL as Prepared Statement: ~ 3 seconds.
>
> Curiously inserts have no discernable difference.

Interesting. Note that my fix probably applies only to postgres, due
to specific driver architecture. A way to log all SQL statements that
are emitted by the JVM (and their duration) would help.

Note that torque has overhead when lots and lots of rows are returned
(memory- and cpu-wise), so that may affect your timings.

And yes, in my case inserts/updates have no timing difference either.

Tassos Bassoukos