db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Performance issues when using postgresql-8.1-404.jdbc3.jar
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 13:56:16 GMT
You probably have done this, but does your Raw SQL statement
match the one generated by Torque exactly?  Sometime statement
syntax differences can generate different execution plans
which causes one query to use indices and another not to.

In my experience this is the most likely suspect for Select
performance problems and generally can be fixed by adding
appropriate indices.

Duke CE Privacy Statement