db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: Torque and Database Ingre
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:36:06 GMT
Thomas Fischer wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, Scott Eade wrote:
>
>> Scott Eade wrote:
>> A message I sent to the CA contact bounced, but a quick search
>> revealed this
>> http://www.ingres.com/products/Prod_Download_Torque.html and
>> http://opensource.ingres.com/projects/ingres/files/z3.ingrestorque
>>
>> It is most likely the same code - the second link requires that you
>> login before you can download, the first does not.  Looks like it is
>> was written for torque 3.1.1
>>
>> Not sure how this would need to be tweaked to being it up to 3.2.
>>
>> I know the developer had intended to submit this to as a path to
>> torque but I am unaware of any reason why this was not done.
>
> I would guess it was not submitted because we asked the developer for
> a CCLA from CA.

Yes, but recent discussion on a different list reveals that a CCLA would
not in fact be required - just a CLA from the developer would have
sufficed.  I am unsure as to whether or not the developer moved over to
Ingres Corporation.  At the end of the day the code uses the ASL 2.0
license - if we wanted to bring it into torque it would be a simple
matter of asking Ingres Corp if this is what they want (technically we
wouldn't need to ask but it would be polite).  My guess is that they
would be fine with it.  The nicest way would be with a CLA from the
author, but at the end of the day the code is only really going to be a
variation to one of the existing DB adaptors so there isn't really going
to be that much to it - i.e. even without a CLA it would IMO be okay to
bring in.

Scott

--
Scott Eade