db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Joe Carter" <joe.car...@excite.com>
Subject Re: Performance issues when using postgresql-8.1-404.jdbc3.jar
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 14:17:44 GMT
On 14/06/06, Thomas Fischer <fischer@seitenbau.net> wrote:

> The torque developers are aware that usage of the village library is
> problematic. This specific problem was not known until now, but there are
> other well-known problems of using village.
> However, removing the dependency of torque on village it is a huge effort,
> so village is likely to stay in torque for the next future :-(
>
>     Thomas

I'd read some intention about moving away from Village and the problems with
doing that.
What I might be able to provide is something that starts the process by
handling simple
selects which could revert to village for more complex queries.
No promises though :-)
I should be able to suggest/rule out some approaches at the very least
though.

Fortunately one of the reasons we use Torque is that we have the
"bare-metal" option
which is what I'm using now. We may have to resort to stored procedures in
some of
our hotspots to get the performance, though I'm hoping the use of prepared
statement
selects will avoid the need for that.

Joe