db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From <Martin.Gou...@sungard.com>
Subject setLimit() for Sybase.
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 18:23:12 GMT

Hi all!

I've noticed that the DB.java class contains the constant to define
limits (Criteria.setLimit() etc) for the Sybase database
(LIMIT_STYLE_SYBASE). However the LimitHelper.java class doesn't make
use of it (excerpt from the buidLimit method):

        if (offset > 0 || limit > 0)

        {

            // If we hit a database type, that is able to do native

            // limiting, we must set the criteria values to -1 and 0

            // afterwards. Reason is, that else theexecuteQuery

            // method tries to do the limiting using Village

            //

            switch (db.getLimitStyle())

            {

            case DB.LIMIT_STYLE_MYSQL :

                LimitHelper.generateMySQLLimits(query, offset, limit);

                break;

            case DB.LIMIT_STYLE_POSTGRES :

                LimitHelper.generatePostgreSQLLimits(query, offset,
limit);

                break;

            case DB.LIMIT_STYLE_ORACLE :

                LimitHelper.generateOracleLimits(query, offset, limit);

                break;

            case DB.LIMIT_STYLE_DB2 :

                LimitHelper.generateDB2Limits(query, offset, limit);

                break;

            default:

                if (db.supportsNativeLimit())

                {

                    query.setLimit(String.valueOf(limit));

                }

                break;

            }

You notice that there is no case for Sybase (DB.LIMIT_STYLE_SYBASE). Any
reason why?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thx!

MG