db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Configuration of future Torque maven2 plugin
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 15:58:43 GMT

Hi everybody,

as some of you might know, Raphael Pieroni has submitted a first draft of a
maven 2 plugin for Torque some time ago. One open question that remains is
of how to configure the plugin. Maven2 belief is that the configuration of
the plugin should be in the pom.xml, whereas until now, Torque has used a
properties file.

The options are now
- leave everything in the properties file
- split the properties between pom.xml and the properties file (this is at
is is implemented in Raphael's draft)
- put everything in the pom.xml (this may imply writing a temporary
properties file for velocity, I have to check that)

I have a tendency towards putting everything in the pom.xml, as it is the
maven2 way and we could easily change the default values to the maven2
directory structure without breaking anything (because mothing exists yet
:-)). What do you think ?

    Thomas