db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Db-torque Wiki] Update of "FrequentlyAskedQuestions" by HelgeWeissig
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 18:53:44 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Db-torque Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by HelgeWeissig:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-torque/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

The comment on the change is:
added an answer to NullPointerException and fixed the link in the maven question

   1. add the p6spy.jar to your application classpath
   1. copy the "spy.properties" into your classpath (e.g. same location as log4j.properties)
-  1. set the "realdriver" in spy.properties, e.g. realdriver=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
for Oracle
+  1. set the "realdriver" in spy.properties, e.g. realdriver=oracle.jdbc.driver.Oracle''''''Driver
for Oracle
-  1. change the Torque.properties, e.g. "torque.dsfactory.XXX.connection.driver = com.p6spy.engine.spy.P6SpyDriver"
to use the proxy JDBC drivers
+  1. change the Torque.properties, e.g. "torque.dsfactory.XXX.connection.driver = com.p6spy.engine.spy.P6Spy''''''Driver"
to use the proxy JDBC drivers
   1. run your application
-  1. P6Spy creates a spy.log in your current directory
+  1. P6''''''Spy creates a spy.log in your current directory

  -- Siegfried Goeschl

@@ -171, +171 @@

  == Is there a way to use one installation of torque for different projects without having
a copy of torque-gen for each project (e.g. copy the build-torque.xml and build.properties
and set a parameter in build.properties to the torque basedir)? ==

  '''Answer:''' Yes. Torque is mavenized, so you can install and use torque as a plugin for
Maven.
+ http://db.apache.org/torque/releases/torque-3.2/maven-plugin/index.html
- http://db.apache.org/torque/maven-plugin/
- http://db.apache.org/torque/maven-howto.html

  After successfull instalation of the plugin you will be able to run the common torque tasks
and plus this you will be able to run pomre specific tasks configurations as well.
  For example the command line:
@@ -191, +190 @@

  -- Daniel Canas

- '''Answer:''' Quick way -> No. And we hope that in the next release there will be a way
for plugging external Name Genrator. But for now you can still change the genrator to fit
your needs. For example I have extended JavaNameGenerator this way:
+ '''Answer:''' Quick way -> No. And we hope that in the next release there will be a way
for plugging external Name Genrator. But for now you can still change the genrator to fit
your needs. For example I have extended Java''''''Name''''''Generator this way:

- 1) added a single line to interface org.apache.torque.engine.database.model.NameGenerator;
+ 1) added a single line to interface org.apache.torque.engine.database.model.Name''''''Generator;
  {{{
  String CONV_METHOD_UNDERSCORE_IGNORE_DOTS = "underscore_ignore_dots";
  }}}
- 2) added a single conversion method to class org.apache.torque.engine.database.model.JavaNameGenerator;
+ 2) added a single conversion method to class org.apache.torque.engine.database.model.Java''''''Name''''''Generator;
  {{{
  	protected String underscoreIgnoreDotsMethod(String schemaName) {
  		schemaName = schemaName.replaceAll("\\.", "_");
@@ -212, +211 @@

  		return name.toString();
  	}
  }}}
- 3) added a single condition to class org.apache.torque.engine.database.model.JavaNameGenerator;
method: String generateName(List inputs);
+ 3) added a single condition to class org.apache.torque.engine.database.model.Java''''''Name''''''Generator;
method: String generateName(List inputs);

  {{{
  		} else if (CONV_METHOD_UNDERSCORE_IGNORE_DOTS.equals(method)) {
@@ -352, +351 @@

  -- Jorge Ortega

+ '''Answer:'''
+ Passing a non-existing column name via addAscendingOrderByColumn can also get you a Null''''''Pointer''''''Exception
when Base''''''Peer.doSelect(Criteria crit) is called
+
+ -- HelgeWeissig
+
  == What is the correct DTD to use with the Schema files and how can I avoid loading the
DTD file from the internet every time ? ==

  '''Answer'''