db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Mick Wever <m...@wever.org>
Subject Re: [Result] [Vote] migrate from Scarab to jira
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 12:19:46 GMT
> The vote has passed.

This is a shame. And I think the wrong decision has been made. Honestly.

First and most importantly JIRA is not opensource. This should be a a
considerable concern for open source developers.

Second, scarab uses torque. Projects should "eat-their-own-dogfood".

Third, is that Scarab IMHO is more advanced than JIRA. At work we are
considering moving from JIRA to Scarab, even though we have paid (the very
expensive, $10,000) license, simply because Scarab offers more than JIRA
can. JIRA is bugzilla all over again forcing you into there way of doing
things. Scarab let's you *really* design your own workflow. I've been
using JIRA that last month and have been vastly dissappointed. Very
restrictive issue heirarchy to start with! BUT this comparison is against
Scarab's trunk, it would not be true against the last beta version even.
The scarab version you guys have been using I would not even recognise
anymore, so much has changed. Lack of momentum I don't think so. Check out
the nightly test installation if you don't believe me. Scarab's
performance has also been largely improved.

mick.

ps Scarab also provides subversion integration.