db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Jorge Uriarte <jorge.uria...@omelas.net>
Subject Re: [Vote] migrate from Scarab to jira
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 21:33:06 GMT
Thomas Fischer wrote:

> Sorry, here is the correct url:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-torque-dev/200508.mbox/%3c42F12583.2010707@omelas.net%3e

As you can read in the thread, the help was not conditioned to Torque
staying with Scarab (well, I guess my english was not clear enough??)

If I do remember correctly, we talked about upgrading Apache's Scarab to
a modern version (J.McNally?, Thomas?), where most of short-comings
might be solved... but... ok, I guess nobody got the time.

Anyway... the Scarab community has lost a good chance to keep one of our
small places under the spotlight, and I'm sad that you lost the
oportunity to test a really modern Scarab version ;-)

I'm not having too much time lately, but I still offer my assistance in
the migration, if needed. If you have problems in the migration from
Scarab, maybe you can try following the upgrade procedure to trunk
(should be highlt stable):

http://scarab.tigris.org/svn/scarab/trunk/MIGRATION

Then, XMLExport should work just fine, and I guess transforming it to
Jira's format must be doable (we're currently *importing* from Jira and
Bugzilla)
The Excel output might also be a good resource for the migration.

Anyway... don't be afraid of asking in our mailing lists.
The keepers of our persistence layers will still be warmly welcomed!

_
Jorge