db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Result] [Vote] migrate from Scarab to jira
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 14:57:11 GMT
On 2/9/06, Mick Wever <mick@wever.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 14:21:09 +0100, Thomas Fischer wrote:
>
> > The apache subprojects do not have their own infrastructure, but the apache
> > infrastructure team provides and maintains it. I am very grateful for this,
> > because it allows me to keep focused on improving Torque. Most members of
> > the infrastructure team have been at least reluctant to do anything to
> > maintain scarab, let alone to migrate it.
>
> Fair enough.
> Has no one offered to host the torque project's tracking system?
> (This surprises me, maybe just a lack of cross-posting...)
> Would the torque community accept it hosted by someone other than apache?
> (For example being hosted at www.solitone.org/scarab/ as a module
> along-side scarab? [This would be up to Hussayn to decide...])
> Or is this a tied relationship?

There's a very strong desire to keep the ASF data on ASF hardware -
source control, email, bug reports, webpages, wiki. I suspect there'd
be a lot of opposition to having Torque move out to a separately
hosted bug tracker.

You can imagine the oversight chaos there'd be if every subproject and
project were choosing their infrastructure individually. Also the
general confusion to the user community of things being all over the
place.

Hen