db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject New site deployed
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2006 14:42:47 GMT
Hi

I have deployed the new version of the site to http://db.apache.org/site.
As compared to my first suggestion, it sports a simplified navigation and
the old versions opening in new windows.
Please take a look. If you find any errors, please write an email to
torque-dev@db.apache.org. If you find something crucial is missing, send a
patch (or commit it yourself, if you are a committer).

I have not followed Scott's suggestion of collecting the database howtos
and other howtos into one navigation item. I have tried it, and the
current separation looked better to me. Scott, if you feel strongly about
it, go ahead and change it.

I did also not include the breadcrumb trail (as now the navigation is
quite simple to understand, it is not needed in my eyes :-) ). If anyone
feels it is needed, please send patches.

I have also created a doocumentation of the current site organisation and
procedures. Writing it up, I found the current distinction between
torque/site and torque/docs-all-components unnecesary. I'll write a
separate email proposing to "version" the site, and add the
docs-all-components to it.

    Thomas