db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: Turning off Scarab?
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:52:23 GMT

Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> schrieb am 25.01.2006 06:44:34:

> Back at ApacheCon, one of the topics that came up at the Infra meeting
> was turning off Scarab. It's only in use by two projects at the ASF
> (Jakarta JCS and DB Torque) and uses up valuable resources (ie: admin
> + machine resources). Currently it's using 1G of memory on a machine
> that's 1G in swap, so you can see how turning it off would smooth
> things.
>
> So we'd appreciate it if you would consider a move to either Bugzilla or
JIRA.

> Any thoughts?

This was already proposed last august in Torque dev, see
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-torque-dev/200508.mbox/%3cdcpu2v$vq7$1@tangens.hometree.net%3e
and follow-ups.

and failed then. But now the situation has changed as you wrote that it is
now is the "official infra policy" to turn off scarab, which was not the
case back in august.

I'll start a new vote.

We have still lots of stuff (open proposals, bugs...) in scarab so we'll
have to keep that somewhere. Probably we'll have to insert them manually in
scarab or bugzilla (ouch).

     Thomas