db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject [Vote] migrate from Scarab to jira
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 12:04:32 GMT

The apache infrastructure team has approached us to consider to migrate
from scarab to either bugzilla or jira in order to allow the scarab bug
tracker to be turned of to save resources on issues.apache.org. As we do
not want to interfere with the infrastructure team's work, I'd suggest that
we meet their request and migrate to jira. This would probably mean that we
would have to migrate the stuff (proposals, patches, open bugs...) we want
to keep from scarab manually to the new bug tracker. I'd volunteer to do
part of the migration.

The vote is open till 1.Feb, 18:00 CET

[ ] +1 : Yes, JIRA should be the new bug tracker for Torque
[ ] 0 : I do not care
[ ] -1 : No, Torque should stay with scarab (please give reasons)

    Thomas

Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> schrieb am 25.01.2006 06:44:34:

> Back at ApacheCon, one of the topics that came up at the Infra meeting
> was turning off Scarab. It's only in use by two projects at the ASF
> (Jakarta JCS and DB Torque) and uses up valuable resources (ie: admin
> + machine resources). Currently it's using 1G of memory on a machine
> that's 1G in swap, so you can see how turning it off would smooth
> things.
>
> So we'd appreciate it if you would consider a move to either Bugzilla or
JIRA.