db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject [Vote] whether and, if yes, how to retain old versions of the site.
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:00:50 GMT

Hi,

in the discussion about my proposal for reorganizing the web site,

http://people.apache.org/~tfischer/torque-docs/index.html

a discussion came up whether the Torque site should provide access to docs
of old releases. See

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-torque-dev/200601.mbox/%3cOFD9FB4312.F48B3ADC-ONC1257101.00321EEE-C1257101.00348B77@seitenbau.net%3e

for the discussion.

Also, if we provide access to old version, a discussion came up how this
should be done. See

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-torque-dev/200601.mbox/%3c43D7787B.40703@backstagetech.com.au%3e

At the moment, I see the following possible solutions:
[ ] Do not provide access to old versions. This would also make the
navigation simpler (no change of focus from left to right)
[ ] Provide access to old versions in separate windows. This will also make
the navigation simple.
[ ] Integrate the old versions in the navigation (keeping the change of
focus to access the navigation)
[ ] create one big "site" subproject keeping all versions of the docs.
[ ] keep the current site organisation.

Please indicate which solution you would prefer. The vote is open till
Wednesday, Feb 1st, 18:00 CET

    Thomas