db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: Torque dbMaps and MapBuilder question
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 07:56:49 GMT
"Greg Monroe" <Greg.Monroe@DukeCE.com> schrieb am 27.01.2006 23:43:46:

> I'm starting to design the XML import function (to go with the XML
> Export I just added to Scarab).  So, I've been wandering deeply
> in the mapping code.  In a scary sort of way, I understand it all..
> but there seems to be one piece that I might not understand.
>
> Is it true that the only way DatabaseMaps get TableMaps
> added to them is if the code explicitly calls either the
> Table specific Peer getMapBuilder() method or the Table
> specific MapBuilder.build() methods?

This is correct.

> So, this is why getting the DatabaseMap from Torque will not
> return all TableMaps when asked?

Yes, this will probably be the reason. Each Map will be added when the Peer
classes are build. See
http://issues.apache.org/scarab/issues/id/TRQS228
for a discussion.

> Sigh, anyone know a way to get a list of all tables in a database
> from the TorqueRuntime?

You would have to autogenerate a piece of code which loads all the Peer
classes. This should be tied to a switch in the runtime configuration,
which is normally off, but when on it executes this piece of code.

    Thomas