db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Torque dbMaps and MapBuilder question
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2006 19:59:44 GMT
Thanks for the info.

I was looking at Henning's mapbuilder-init patch and
that looks like a good basic solution.  What are the
reasons this hasn't been added in?

Only thing I think should be done different is that the
class should be part of the package defined for map
files, but that's not a biggie.

If you need to init the full Database map, just call
this class.  Otherwise, just do things normally.  I
can live with that restriction on getting full map
info when it's needed.

However, if some folks still want a way to init all
TableMaps when Torque is initialized, here's a
possible way to have a automatic initialization of
the Map structure. Have the generator create a
property file like <DB>MapInit.properties in the map
package.  This would have a single property with the
name of the <DB>Init class.

Then, TorqueInstance.initDatabaseMap could find the DB
init class by using a getResource(<DB>MapInit.properties)
call to find the properties file from the classpath and
invoking the initClass.

The advantage to this is that there is no extra parameters
to be set in the Torque.properties file. Well, maybe we
wrap the code that runs the <DB>Init class with a check for
a new optional dataBaseProperty, e.g.
torque.database.<db>.initMap = true | false.

This would not be a big rewrite to the existing code.

Duke CE Privacy Statement