db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: proposal for reorganizing the Torque site
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 22:53:01 GMT
First off, bravo! for all the hard work getting it to
this point!  I think it's production ready as is.

That said... there are always IMHO things to add.

First, I like the new overview details but IMHO the
Torque "elevator speech" (i.e. how you describe a
project/product in the time it takes to go 3 floors
in an elevator) could use some editorial tweaking.
Not exactly sure what, but maybe more towards how
Torque makes code DB independent and programmer's
life easier.  I'll give it some thought and make
my suggestion here.

Second, I think that the How-To's are lost by being
placed in the "All Components" area.  Ideally, they
should be under the main Documentation section, but
if it's hard, then maybe relabel the All components
link to How-Tos or something that includes How-Tos
in it.

Next, I first thought that the Criteria How-To
and some othere were missing and then I realized you
had rolled them into the Runtime reference.. nice.
One minor suggestion would be to add an "Overview"
section to this.  Something that would set the
context for all the other sections.

Finally, just a minor thing.. should the order
be Generator and then Runtime since that's the
learning Torque order?  (Being an Ant user, I
consider the Mavin plug-in as optional reading
...lol 8) ).

Duke CE Privacy Statement