db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Do we need the users guide ???
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2006 14:49:57 GMT
Just re-read the tutorial, it is much improved from
when I last read it (3.0 era 8) ).

First, I think it could replace the UserGuide.  But
one big issue I have with it is that it's so Maven
centric.  There are a lot of folks who use Eclipse
and Ant as their build environment now.  Focusing on
Maven will not encourage this user community to use
Torque.

I know, documenting Ant usage is hard  8(. But IMHO,
this type of user should be considered in the
documentation.  I'd be willing to help on this
if needed.

Second, is it possible to have this available as
a single document that can be printed?  (A master
XDOC?)  It's a lot easier to do tutorials if you
can have a printout to read while looking at the
screen rather than flipping back and forth.

Finally, I think it would be nice to have an
Documentation Overview type of Quick start.  E.g.,
something that points people to the various documents
that exist.  I know it's all on the web site, but
since it's spread out over various sections, it can
be confusing to new users.  Having something like
this on the overview page would help lower people's
start up curve with Torque.

Duke CE Privacy Statement