db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl <thomas.vand...@tewisoft.de>
Subject NPE when reading LargeSelect objects from serialized storage
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 08:47:55 GMT
I just want to know if anybody can reproduce this:

I use Torque and Turbine in a web application. The application is
deployed to Tomcat 5.0. Now if Tomcat reloads the application (which
happens quite often during development and debugging), the sessions will
be serialized and de-serialized. I have a couple of LargeSelect objects
in the session storage. When these are loaded again, the object restarts
the query thread. This fails, however, with a NullPointerException in
TorqueInstance.getDB(). All data looks fine if I debug into the code. I
suspect a race condition with the initialization of Torque but I'm not sure.

This behaviour is new with version 3.2 and probably tied to the new
serialization/de-serializion code in LargeSelect.

Anybody cares to comment? Scott?

Bye, Thomas.