db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl <thomas.vand...@tewisoft.de>
Subject Re: Torque tries to get database.dtd over the net if no dtd is specified
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 08:33:17 GMT
Thomas Fischer wrote:
> Is this necessary ?? I would think if no dtd is given, we could use the
> one which comes in the generator jar without accessing the net for it.
>
> See the DTDResolver.resolveEntity() code.
>
> Please make yourself heard if you find a reason for the current
> behaviour. I'm going to change it if I hear nothing.

I guess the question is, why the resolver tries to get another DTD at
all. I thought the structure of the XML was tied to the particular
generator version. Validating against another DTD doesn't make sense and
can cause errors. So my suggestion is to validate against the built-in
DTD *only*, no matter what DTD is referenced in the XML file.

Bye, Thomas.