db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RE: [Vote] migrate from Scarab to jira
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:06:03 GMT
Yeah, this has come up a few times, the ASF as a community are split
on their viewpoint (thus why we have Bugz and Jira).

One thing to remember is that we as a community are very encouraging
of business; we use a very open license which allows businesses to
take our work and make money off of it (without forcing them through
any loops). That philosophy works both ways I think; if businesses are
being open, and have the better product, then it seems to fit our
general viewpoint that we'd consider them.

Of course, we don't all fit the average viewpoint, we're spread across
the spectrum, and better is subjective. I know some people hate Jira
because it tries to be both project management and issue tracking,
whereas others love it for the same reason.

Hen