db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Torque tries to get database.dtd over the net if no dtd is specified
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2006 07:28:35 GMT

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Greg Monroe wrote:

> Only issue I can think of is if you're upgrading torque and have a
> schema with the old version dtd in the doctype.  Will the change
> cause the generator choke on old schema defs?

Current behaviour is: The generator only has the _CURRENT_ dtd in its jar
files. Older dtd's are accessed over the net. This is a problem if (and
only if) someone does not have access to the internet on the computer
where the generator is build.I did not propose tho change that.

The disussin was about what happens if _NO_ dtd is given in the schema xml
file. Currently, the 3.2 dtd is used. This is not standard behaviour.
After discussion with Thomas V on the list, my current proposal is not to
check against a dtd if no dtd is given.

     Thomas

communication or may otherwise be privileged or confidential and are intended solely for the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient you
may not rely on the contents of this email or any attachments, and we ask that you  please
not read, copy or retransmit this communication, but reply to the sender and destroy the email,
its contents, and all copies thereof immediately.  Any unauthorized dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.