db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: Test of Managers
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2005 16:51:29 GMT

For my tests, I usually do not commit the changes in the test profiles. For
example, I have modified the postgresql profile to fit my server set-up,
but I know that Scott uses the postgresql profile as well, so committing
would break his set-up when he fetches my changes.
I rather see the profiles as examples for a valid setup. So I would commit
the file if I encounter an invalid validation query, or a really old driver
is used, but not because my database server is 192.168.1.101 instead of
localhost.

If you only have one test profile (perhaps with small variations) to test
against, you can create an extra subdirectory in the profiles directory
(like henning has), put your personal profile there and commit this.

      Thomas