db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject [Announce] Torque 3.2 is released
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2005 22:37:57 GMT
The Torque Development team is pleased to announce that Torque 3.2 is
released and ready for download. Torque 3.2 is identical to Torque 3.2-rc3
except in the version number.

We would like to thank all contributors, bug reporters and others who have
contributed in one way or another to the release.

You can obtain the Torque 3.2 generator, runtime and maven-plugin from our
download page

http://db.apache.org/torque/download.html

or from the ibiblio maven repository

http://ibiblio.org/maven/torque/

The main changes since Torque 3.1.1 are:

- Added database schema support, both in the generator and in the runtime
- Added support for outer joins
- Added support for creation of simple java beans from persistent objects
- The old deprecated connection pool is removed (only dbcp is supported
    out of the box)
- Some smaller changes were made in the database.dtd
- The build-torque ant file for the generator is contained again in the
    generator release
- The generator is now divided into a template jar
    (torque-gen-templates.jar) and the rest (torque-gen.jar)
- Apache Derby was added to the supported databases. However, support is
   still limited to the embedded driver, and the use of idbroker is
   mandatory.

The complete list of changes can be found in the changes report:

http://db.apache.org/torque/releases/torque-3.2/runtime/changes-report.html

Please report bugs in our issue tracker,

http://issues.apache.org/scarab/issues

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask at the Torque users
mailing list.

Have fun using Torque,

       The Torque Development Team.