db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: Torque with Java5 features
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2005 10:15:34 GMT

Hi,

Just to make sure that I understood you correctly: You were able to convert
the templates without chamnging the Runtime jar, and it worked ?
If this is done, this would be the way to go. The only way I see supporting
Java 1.4 and and Java 1.5 in the generator and runtime jars except not
using the 1.5 features there.

Some comments (all IMHO):
- Testing would be more complicated. At the moment, it is already a
nuisance to change the databases by hand, and to change the idtable
property by hand. To not spend my life testing, I do admit I usually do not
switch other parameters. So this would add another parameter to be
switched; this gets to a point where something atomatic would have to be
written.
- We already have too many generator parameters. We need to think about
that problem. But I would guess in this case, a configuration parameter
would be the only sensible way (maintaining two sets of templates, with
managers and withou them, is a nuisance already, I would not want another
split)
- In my eyes, it is certainly a nice feature, but it is not the first in my
personal list of priorities for after 3.2. I would support it if it would
be done, but I would not do it myself.

     Thomas

"Thoralf Rickert" <thoralf.rickert@cadooz.de> schrieb am 25.11.2005
10:51:21: