db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From jme...@chubb.com
Subject Re: Torque with Java5 features
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:04:45 GMT
We have developed a simple wrapper for Torque that allows integration with
the Spring Framework.  By using it, you get some support for Generics.

https://torque-spring.dev.java.net/

Currently we support a simple set of methods.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 package org.springmodules.orm.torque;

import java.util.List;

import org.apache.torque.om.BaseObject;

public interface TorqueExternalOperations extends TorqueOperations {

  <T extends BaseObject> T create(Class<T> torqueObjectClass) throws
TorqueSpringException;

  <T extends BaseObject> List<T> find(Class<T> torqueObjectClass, int[]

ids) throws TorqueSpringException;

  <T extends BaseObject> T find(Class<T> torqueObjectClass, int id) throws
TorqueSpringException;

  <T extends BaseObject> void remove(T persistableObject) throws
TorqueSpringException;

  <T extends BaseObject> void save(T persistableObject) throws
TorqueSpringException;

  <T extends BaseObject> T copy(final T object) throws
TorqueSpringException;

}

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Note  this framework it is not replacement for torque
it is just adds extra functionality typical for springframework.

We are looking for reviews/suggestions for expansion/improvement  any peer
review would be appreciated.