db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject TRQS321: Criteria Serialization (was:Re: [VOTE] release Torque 3.2-rc3 now)
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 10:25:51 GMT

Scott,

I took a quick glance at the issue, and when I uncommented the test case
you checked in and resolved an issue of visibility (use
"Criteria.getNewCriterion()" instead of "new Criteria.Criterion"), the test
case did not produce an error.
Then I looked what the test case does, and it uses Criteria.equals(Object)
to test whether the two criteria are equal. This is not enough, since
Criteria.equals does not compare aliases and asColumns. There are two
possibilities to remedy this:
- The first is to change criteria.equals, which I did not want to do
between release candidates, but if somebody else is of another opinion
here,  we need to discuss it.
- the second one is to write a custom comparison for the test case and
remove it once Criteria.equals() is fixed. I admit I was too lazy to do it.

So the question is how we should proceed. If you wish, I can check in the
modified test case which runs for me, and then we can check whether it runs
for you also.
Then, I'm going to look at the old mails where the problem is described and
see whether I can reproduce it. Maybe the problem has dissolved into thin
air ??? (it is time for another miracle :-) )

I'll email if I find out anything new.

     Thomas