db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject retag 3.2-rc3 as 3.2 ?
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:36:51 GMT
Hi,

Since the release of 3.2-rc3, there have been some bugs reported.
Some of them cocern the support of Derby, and two problems with the
jdbc task.

However, in my opinion, none of these bugs are significant enough not to
release the 3.2-rc3 as the Torque 3.2 final release. The benefits of
removing these bugs do not outweigh the benefits of having a final
release, which are the following:
- we could start fixing bugs which would require changing the behaviour of
Torque in some ways, like the village-related bugs
- we could also start to have a go at new features such as supporting sql
functions or pluggable template extensions

And then, a certain frequency of small bugs will always appear, so it will
not be feasible to push out a release which is totally free of bugs.

With these things in mind, my plan is to call for a vote on retagging
3.2-rc3 as 3.2 in a few days if no significant bugs or obstacles are found
until then. So if you want to test the RC before this decision is made,
please do so now. Also, if you have any objections against this, we could
discuss that before making a decision.

   Thomas