db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbe...@elasticpath.com>
Subject Postgresql - Text Data Type
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 21:09:47 GMT
PostgreSQL's 'text' data type does not support a size modifier. Torque,
however, generates 'text(65535)' or something to that effect.

At first I thought this was something recent, a change between
PostgreSQL 7 and 8, but as far as I can tell this has never been
allowed. So I made some changes in the templates project (it's very nice
that this is a separate project!).

My solution was to copy src/templates/sql/base/mssql/columns.vm into
src/templates/sql/base/postgresql. The diff is attached (I was bold
enough to also change some white space so the resulting schema is a bit
nicer).

Bye,
Hilco