db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: 3.2-RC2 not being the final release candidate ?
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 14:02:22 GMT
Thomas Fischer <fischer@seitenbau.net> writes:

>After the discussion in TRQS322, it seems to me that Torque 3.2-RC2 is not
>suitable as the final release, so I will start development towards 3.2-rc3.
>If anyone wants a formal vote about it, please shout now.

I'd very much like to see a 3.2-RC which does work with Turbine 2.3.2
as expected. While backwards compatibility between 3.1.x and 3.2 is
not a really hard issue, the nature of the "compile the database name
into the class" behaviour of Torque would make a general purpose usage
of torque generated classes difficult.

As I wrote you in private mail, voting is only necessary if the result
should go into www.apache.org/dist (because the Apache bylaws require
it). If you put the RC into cvs.apache.org/dist (which is the location
intended for snapshots, RCs and the like), we don't need a formal vote
(and have quicker turnaround times).

I'd also suggest that you look on using maven dist:deploy and maven
jar:deply to send the binary and source distributions to the
repository. These commands also generate the necessary MD5 and SHA1
checksums For Turbine 2.3.2 I've configured two repos in
project.properties and uncommented the one to use (non-released for
snapshots/RCs, apache for release) manually.

A non-voted release need not to be GPG-signed.

	Best regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42