db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: 3.2-RC2 in the next few days ?
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 07:37:31 GMT
Thomas Fischer <tfischer@apache.org> writes:

>Does anyone object to push out RC2 in the next few days ? The other option
>is doing it in three weeks as afterwards, I am on vacation for two weeks.

+1 Do it now. So we have two weeks to hammer on it and find bugs. :-)

>I am currently aware of the following open issues:

>JCS. Obviously, the new release wont be in as it is not available. Does it
>have so much improvements justifying to wait for it ?

Release RC2 with the current JCS version. Hopefully, 1.3 will be out
when you are back. Alternatively you can fetch (most current
built?) from
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-turbine-jcs/tempbuild/, test
with that one and lobby Aaron to push it to ibiblio.

>The LargeSelect limit/offset issue. The developers who have raised a voice
>are of the opinion that a javadoc statement should suffice, at least for
>the moment. This would be in. A real solution would have to wait.

We've lived with that for so long; no need to hurry/delay here.

>There was a bug report about functions in offsets to the dev list about
>two weeks ago. It seems to be an enhancement rather than a bug to me. I
>have not looked at it, but I will do so before pushing RC2.

Else document as "open, may be fixed in RC3/final".

+1 for building an RC!

	Best regards

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42