db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r278825 - in /db/torque/test: ./ trunk/ trunk/maven-test-plugin/
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 07:45:50 GMT
tfischer@apache.org writes:

>    db/torque/test/trunk/maven-test-plugin/   (with props)

-1 on "maven-test-plugin". We are not testing maven. We are testing Torque.

>+  <goal name="torque:run-test">

-1 on the name space overlap between your plugin and the
torque-plugin. This will not only create confusion, knowing a bit
about the mes^Wstate of maven, I'm pretty sure that sooner or later a
name space separation will be enforced and then either one or the
other plugin breaks.

>+    <attainGoal name="torque:test:test"/>

-1 on xxx:yyy:zzz. Same as above. Sooner or later, maven will enforce
the plugin:goal rule and then double ':' will probably break.

>+</project>
>\ No newline at end of file

Bad.

Personally, I'm -0 on the whole plugin idea. For just running the
runtime test, I will afterwards have to drag around a plugin not used
for anything else in my maven installation. Not really ideal.

	Regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42