db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: Discussion: Change torque JDBCTransformTask to not use xerces
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 08:58:04 GMT

Hi,

I have the following remarks
-  xerces is apache software, jdom and dom4j are not. Does the apache
policy allows including non-apache libraries in distributions (I would
guess yes, but I am not sure). If not, I'd suggest we stick with xerces.
- I have had the slight hope that 3.2-rc2 could be retagged into 3.2 after
trying it out and nobody finding any bugs at all :-). How keen are you to
get this into 3.2 ? (Of course, if we need a rc3, it'll go in anyway)
- I use jdom quite a lot and think it is very good stuff. It is a bit
peculiar about the treatment of the \r part in windows line endings.
Never used dom4j, no idea about it.
- As we have already decided to not support jdk 1.3 out of the box in the
generator, I agree that xerces and xml-apis then could be left out of the
dependencies.

If you think this is worth while your time, go ahead.

           Thomas

"Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hps@intermeta.de> schrieb am 13.09.2005
23:04:28: