db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: Torque test (ex runtimetest)
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 14:23:06 GMT
The second time I run the test using PostgreSQL I am getting:

    [junit] org.apache.torque.TorqueException:
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: duplicate key violates unique
constraint "null_value_table_pkey"
    [junit]
    [junit]     at
org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.throwTorqueException(BasePeer.java:103)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.insertOrUpdateRecord(BasePeer.java:626)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doInsert(BasePeer.java:516)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.torque.test.BaseNullValueTablePeer.doInsert(BaseNullValueTablePeer.java:228)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.torque.test.BaseNullValueTablePeer.doInsert(BaseNullValueTablePeer.java:592)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.torque.test.BaseNullValueTable.save(BaseNullValueTable.java:519)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.torque.test.BaseNullValueTable.save(BaseNullValueTable.java:483)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.torque.test.BaseNullValueTable.save(BaseNullValueTable.java:463)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.torque.DataTest.testDataDump(DataTest.java:247)
    [junit]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
    [junit]     at
    [junit]     at
    [junit] Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR:
duplicate key violates unique constraint "null_value_table_pkey"

I suspected it might be caused by a missing:
     autoIncrement="true"
in the schema for the table NULL_VALUE_TABLE, but apparently this is not
the case.

If I run maven clean I can execute the test again.

Sorry I have no solution for you - I spent enough time today getting up
to speed with the new structure.

I doubt if this is showing up in MySQL.

BTW: Recall the confusion over whether or not Torque will create the DB
for you with PostgreSQL... well it does, but the userid needs to be
granted permission to create them.

Also: Henning and I are pushing for a JCS release so we can update the
version used for Torque 3.2.

Scott

--
Scott Eade