db-torque-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Torque test (ex runtimetest)
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 23:48:51 GMT

I have added into svn two suggestions how to reorganize the old 
runtimetest. The problem with the old runtimetest were the following:
- one had to build the generator and the templates separately before
   running the test
- it was testing the ant version of the generator and not the
- it had problems with the junit task definition, if it was called
   with -Dmaven.jest.skip=true
- it was not a runtimetest, but instead it was testing the whole of
   torque, and therefore should not be in the runtime part of the
   project but reside in an extra location.

These problems have been solved with the two suggestions for the new test 
(the functionality and test cases stay the same). They can be found if an 
update is made on the trunks subdirectory of the torque svn. There, a new 
external svn reference called "test" was added for the suggestions.

The first suggestion puts the test into a maven plugin. The plugin can be 
found in the directory test/torque-test-maven-plugin.

The second suggestion creates a test project for the test, and does not 
need a plugin. It can be found in the directory test/test-project.

The data needed to test the different databases can be found in the 
test/profile directory. At the moment, only an example for mysql is added.

The directory test/base contains some additional scripts which enable one 
to build all Torque subprojects before the test is started. For the second 
suggestion (test project), this directory could also be merged with the 
test project.

To try the first suggestion using the maven plugin, change into the 
directory trunks/test/profile/mysql. Adjust the project.properties and 
project.xml to fit your setting. Then, run the command
maven torque-test:build-run-plugin
which should install the test plugin and run the test.
At the moment, the plugin remains installed after the test. I did try to 
uninstall the plugin automatically, but somehow this crashes at the next 
installation of the plugin. I did not try this very hard, no idea whether 
this could be brought to work.

To try the second suggestion using the test project, change into the 
directory trunks/test/profile/mysql. Adjust the project.xml to contain 
your db driver, put your generator settings into project.properties and 
the runtime settings in Torque.properties. Then, change into the directory
trunks/test/test-project and run the command
maven -Dtorque.test.profile=mysql torque-test:build-run-project

These suggestions are not meant as a final stage. Documentation is 
missing, as well as some licence headers, and some formatting issues are

I'd like to hear your opinion about which test setup suits you better. If 
you prefer none of the two scenarios but wish to stay with the old 
runtimetest, I'd be interested in ideas how to solve the problems with 
the old runtimetest. If you have problems in trying the suggestions, email 
to the dev list.


To unsubscribe, e-mail: torque-dev-unsubscribe@db.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: torque-dev-help@db.apache.org

View raw message