db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Torque Subversion Repo Reorganization complete
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2005 22:46:24 GMT

as you may have noticed, there have been a lot of changes yesterday by
Thomas and me. The reason for this is the establishment of the new
subversion structure for testing in "branches/vn-reorganisation-branch".

It relies heavily on the "svn:externals" feature of Subversion which
helps to pull common directories into different trees.

features are:

- different repositories for runtime, generator, maven-plugin and templates
- no more "build.path" hacks, clean generation of the dist-src and dist-bin
- reactor build for all parts of Torque

If you want to test it out, you can check out each module separately at

or (and this is the recommended way) by checking out all modules simulateously at

In this directory, you can run the following goals:

build  -- starts a reactor build of runtime, generator, templates and maven-plugin
install -- installs the jars and the plugin into your local maven repository
doc -- generates the sites for all modules in the target/docs directories

If you want to run the runtime test, you must check out the 'trunks'
tree because it depends on the relations between runtime, generator
and templates.

Pleast test this repository structure (at least checkout the 'trunks'
tree and run "maven build" in the root and report
success/failure). This tree structure will go live later this week and
the sooner we can iron out any problems, the better.

I'm aware that the svn urls in the various POMs does not point to the
branches/... locations. This is intentional.

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42