db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Podkowinski <spo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: error in hypersonic columns.vm template (3.1.1)
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:18:07 GMT
Sorry, the lattest RC wont work for me either.

Velocity template shipped with rc1:

#foreach ($col in $table.Columns)
    #set ( $type = $col.Domain.SqlType )
    #set ( $size = $col.printSize() )
    #set ( $default = $col.DefaultSetting )
    #set ( $entry = "$col.Name $type $size $col.AutoIncrementString," )
    $strings.sub($strings.collapseSpaces($entry)," ,",",")
#end

The resulting sql was missing NULL/NOT NULL, DEFAULT and IDENTITY declarations.

On 8/11/05, Henning P. Schmiedehausen <hps@intermeta.de> wrote:
> Stefan Podkowinski <spodxx@gmail.com> writes:
>
> according to
> http://hsqldb.org/doc/guide/ch09.html#create_table-section shouldn't
> the $autoIncrement (which is defined as 'IDENTITY' in db.props) work
> either (it should be something like 'GENERATED BY DEFAULT AS IDENTITY'
> according to that page). :-)

This is just a long form if you need to specifiy incrementation steps IMO.

> There are also additional constraints for hsqldb (only one identity
> column, it is automatically primary key and so on) that are not
> recognized by torque.

This is exactly the problem I'm running into after modifying the
columns.vm template to include IDENTITY declarations. :( I'll let OJB
handle id generation. The primary key constraints are generated
correctly, thats most important for me..

Regards,
Stefan