db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: error in hypersonic columns.vm template (3.1.1)
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:19:07 GMT
Stefan Podkowinski <spodxx@gmail.com> writes:

according to
http://hsqldb.org/doc/guide/ch09.html#create_table-section shouldn't
the $autoIncrement (which is defined as 'IDENTITY' in db.props) work
either (it should be something like 'GENERATED BY DEFAULT AS IDENTITY'
according to that page). :-)

There are also additional constraints for hsqldb (only one identity
column, it is automatically primary key and so on) that are not
recognized by torque.

Basically yes. You are right. This is missing. However, for the 3.2-rc
we are now preparing a completely revamped sql generator which IMHO no
longer has this problem. Can you please try that one out?

>just wanted to let you you know about a bug that I just managed to
>track down (3.1.1).
>The following template will never include the "null string" into the
>generated column definition.

>fix should look like this:
>#set ( $entry = "$col.Name $type $size $autoIncrement ---> $nullString <--- ," )

>For additional commands, e-mail: torque-dev-help@db.apache.org

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42